The Parish Church at Widecombe-in-the-moor

Record Number: 100243
This photograph shows the parish church at Widecombe-in-the-moor sometime between 1900 and 1914. It was taken by Norman Ruse (1873-1951), an amateur photographer and at one time the Chief Sanitary Inspector of Plymouth. This church is often referred to as the "Cathedral of the Moor" probably due to its large tower, but is actually the church of St Pancras.

Tags

Church
religion
ecclesiastical
architecture
tower

Detail

Norman Ruse
Widecombe-in-the-moor