This hut was erected by Norman Ruse (photographer), George Randall and Vincent Edwards. It was on this ground that the gentlemen had first received permission to pitch a tent, which was subsequently extended to the erection of this fisherman's hut. The three gentleman were at one time Plymouth Inspectors of Nuisances. This was the old name for Sanitary Inspectors. This photograph can be dated to between 1900-1914.
Updated on May 17, 2018