The base of the easterly of the two Bellman hangars at RAF Harrowbeer, situated close to the threshhold of runway 17. The hangar, designed by N S Bellman in 1936, was a unit based structure capable, easily transportable and capable of being erected by unskilled labour. The sections were made of rolled steel. In 1940 a modification was made for the doors to be steel framed and steel clad - this modification was found at RAF Harrowbeer. The hangars measured 87.5 feet wide, 175 feet long and 25 feet high and could be used for anything from minor maintenance to major repair. Photograph taken August 2001.