Bridestowe railway station

Record Number: 101581
Bridestowe station was opened in October 1874 as part of the Southern Railway's Exeter to Plymouth main line. It is remembered in the 1920s and 30s as a very busy station with goods of every sort - grain, cattle etc - all passing through the station. On Saturdays, the so-called "Football train" took a great crowd of supporters to see Plymouth Argyle in action. A return trip to Plymouth cost the supporters 9 old pennies.

Tags

railway station

Detail

Heathman
Bridestowe