One of three mills that were used in the manufacture of gunpowder in the 1890's. The gap in the building was for a waterwheel fed by a leat that fed the three mills in turn (this is the highest) and then flowed into Cherry Brook.
All the buildings were spread out so as to limit damage in the event of an explosion.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SX 62822 77429