Kelly Mine operated between around 1877 and 1951. It was used to mine and process micaceous haematite, a crumbly ore with a grey sparkle used to make the corrosion resistant paint "battleship grey". Since 1985 the Kelly Mine Preservation Society have been working to restore the workings of the mine. The picture shows the tramway link from the Dressing Shed to the Drying Shed.
||Pipeline from Bullaton Stream reservoir to Kelly Mine
||Kelly Mine, Bovey Tracey