Flaxley Abbey was originally built to house a Cistercian order of monks by Roger, Earl of Hereford in the middle of the 12th century. Following the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1536-37 and from the early 18th century the abbey was occupied as a private house. It was owned for a large part of its life by the Boevey family.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SO 68803 15419