This photograph shows a lectern taken from Longstone Manor, Burrator. It was taken from Longstone Manor, along with other artefacts including two granite arches, various stone tablets and mill stones, in order to construct two exhibition walls at Wembley Walk, as part of the Empire Exhibition celebrations in 1924. The wall was commissioned by Plymouth City Water Works.
Wembley Walk was originally a road leading to Sheepstor, but is now submerged under the Burrator Reservior.
Image - Black and White Negative
Wembley Walk, Burrator