Taken in 1937 of the chapel and boundary wall at Fardel, a tudor manor house near Cornwood. Architecturally, the most interesting house in the parish is Fardel, which was a Saxon estate and a Domesday manor.
The house is a medieval mansion of 15th to 16th century date, with a well-preserved chapel and solar. The chapel was licensed by Bishop Lacy in 1432 and this is probably the date of the existing building.
The chapel has on it a small granite cross on the east end of the roof. It was probably not merely a domestic chapel, but was also used by the tenants of the Manor.
At right angles to the chapel is the Tudor mansion, with granite mullioned windows and ample porch.