Taken in 1904 of a new footbridge over the River Tavy near the Meadows in Tavistock.
There is a riverside walk from the Abbey bridge to the Meadows, which are a substantial area of open land between Plymouth road and the river. It has been a place for the townfolk to walk and meet, although it was private propoerty owned by the Duke of Bedford.
In 1911 the land was bought from the Duke and designated as a public park.
Image - Glass Plate