The seventh Duke of Bedford's statue stands in Tavistock's Bedford Square outside the Guild hall at the centre of the town. The statue was completed in 1864 by the Duke, and the Guildhall built in 1848 on the Dukes orders.
Tavistock owes much of its development with its links with the Bedford dynasty which started in 1694.
This ia an example of Stereoscopic photography.
Duke of Bedford
Image - Glass Plate