The photograph shows the Saracen's Head Inn in December 1887. The Saracen's Head Inn is now called the Two Bridges Hotel. The inn was built during the 1780s by Sir Francis Buller and his crest, a Saracen's Head, was used as the inn sign. This inn replaced a previous ale house that had been built c. 1770. In the centre of the photograph a man can be seen standing in the road. Burnard refers to him as Mr Tweedy. The road in the foreground was completed around 1792.