The Royal Oak Inn dates from the 15th century and takes it name from the oak tree standing on the village green - visible in the background of this photograph.
The inn was originally owned by the church and was known as The Church House Inn. Although this building dates from the 1400s, it is thought that a brew house existed on this site as early as 1102.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SX 54182 67150