Sale document relating to the Hambeldon Estate, detailing sale of the Post Office
Lord Hambleton's estate included 5000 acres around the Moretonhampstead, North Bovey and Manaton, but made great developments of those areas that benefited the lives of the tenanted inhabitants. For example, he made improvements to the area's farm buildings, built cottages and iron fences.
After Lord Hambleton's death in 1928, the Manaton part of the estate was auctioned. This document shows the sale of Lot 12, the stone and thatched dwelling at the Top of the Green, used as a Post Office, was 'sold privately', in 1929.