This stone circle was restored by Hugh Breton and Hansford Worth in 1909. It consists of 27 stones and has a diameter of 79 feet. The reason why people built stone circles of this size is still debated - probably they were of religious or other ceremonial significance. This photograph was taken on 16/03/1936.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SX 55593 67345