The Green, Manaton. Originally a patch of common land, the Green has been variously owned and managed over the years. When Viscount Hambleden's estate was broken up and auctioned off in 1929, the rights to the Green were bought for the community. The freehold is held by the Charity Commissioners, and it is currently managed by the Parish Council.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SX 74914 81167