This photograph shows one of the guide stones marking the old track between Tavistock and
These stones are marked with an incised letter "T" on the side towards Tavistock (as the stone
in this photograph is) and the letter "A" on the side towards Ashburton. For this reason, they are
also known as T-A stones. This photograph was taken on 7/10/1936.
Updated on May 17, 2018
SX 65726 85266