This photograph, taken in February 1914, is of one of the most interesting bridges over the River Walkham.
As can be seen, the stone bridge has three acutely-pointed arches, and each arch has double arch-rings. The width between the parapets is only 11 feet, so for foot-passenger safety, there are recesses over each of the cut-waters. The total span of the bridge is 16 yards.
**It is probably the oldest bridge in this part of Devon.**