Previous

Burrator Reservoir, with Sheeps Tor in background

Next

Winter scene of Burrator Reservoir with Sheeps Tor in the background

The remaining water channel at Fernworthy Reservoir during the drought of 1959

Fernworthy Reservoir was built to supply additional water to Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot and Torquay. It was made by damming the upper valley of the South Teign. The dam was built in 1936 and the reservoir was opened in June 1942.
Record Details
102696
1959
Updated on January 21, 2019