Update from Tom Soby - D.W.A.C. stands for DEVON WAR AGRICULTURE COMMITTEE and it was based just outside of Okehampton in an easterly direction known locally as Stockley Hamlets, which is now the current site of a garage & Mole Avon stores. This Transport Department was set up for the purpose of providing lorries & vans to transport members of the Woman's Land Army & others to & from farms on which they worked. Another responsibility of the DWAC was also to teach the young Land Army Girls to drive and some Prisoners of War helped DWAC mechanics to maintain their fleet. The DWAC later moved to Heathfield, Newton Abbot before finally being disbanded.
It is not known what the letters DWAC stand for although it refers to a transport department of a company operating with war refugees, so taken sometime between 1939-1945.
In the photograph is a Mrs Stead and Stan Locket.