Taken in March 1942 of the remains of a blowing house, on the Glazebrook on the southern edge of Dartmoor.
Blowing houses were where tin miners smelted tin ore. They first came into existence on Dartmoor in the 13th century and were in use until the 18th century. A typical site for a blowing house was on a bank jutting out into a stream.
The stones in the bottom right of the picture are called mortar stones. These were used for crushing the tin ore in a stamping mill.